The Seniors Energy Rebate is to provides assistance to eligible customers who receive the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card to help cover the cost of their electricity.
An eligible customer, who completes a valid application and receives confirmation of eligibility from the Department, will be paid the rebate once per financial year into their nominated bank account.
- be a resident in New South Wales;
- the primary account holder of an electricity retailer;
- a long term resident of an on-supplied residential community, or a resident of an on-supplied retirement village, or a resident of an on-supplied strata scheme; or
- an on-supply customer and whose name appears on the electricity account for supply to his or her principal place residence; whose name appears on the electricity account for supply to his or her principal place of residence; and
- hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card issued by SA/DVA.
To apply, please visit the Department for the rebate using the form available from the Department’s website here.