Electricity Transfer Fee Waiver

The Electricity Transfer Fee Waiver provides a full waiver of the fee that is normally payable to the electricity retailers when there is a change of occupancy at a property.


You are eligible for this rebate if you hold any of the below concession cards:

  • DVA Gold Card
  • Health Care Card (HCC)
  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)

The following Commonwealth and State Government issued cards are not eligible for energy concessions:

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
    Victorian Seniors Card
    “CA” (Carer Allowance) Health Care Card
    “FO” (Foster Care) Health Care Card
    Veterans Affairs White Card for Specific Conditions
    Veterans Affairs Gold Card Dependent.

How do I apply for the Electricity Transfer Fee Waiver?

Contact us at 1st Energy and we’ll check your concession card details with Centrelink and apply the waiver to your bill.

What makes 1st Energy different?

  • About 1st Energy

    Founded in 2014, we are a new energy company currently servicing Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales and Queensland.

  • Our Energy Plans

    Break free from being treated as a number in the system. Our low rates and great discounts are just the beginning.

  • Flexible Payment Options

    We offer a number of easy payment methods for you to keep your account up to date online.